How to add a new Stakeholder
Step by step guide on how to create a stakeholder on Capboard
Each person or institution that holds shares of our company is a Stakeholder on Capboard. Founders, investors, advisors with equity, employees with stock or equity... are Stakeholders.
How to create a new Stakeholder
Creating Stakeholders in bulk
There are two ways to import Stakeholders in bulk: via csv and using the Multi-edit option (recommended).
- Click on "Multi-edit"
- A window will open with a spreadsheet and all your existing Stakeholders. You can edit or add new ones, and it allows typing one by one or copy&pasting from other sources.
- Once you have made all changes needed, click "Save".
- Click on "Import from CSV"
- Download the CSV template. It will include all the columns you can import.
- Only First and Last name and type (person or entity) are mandatory.
- Once done, drop de CSV and the import will happen automatically.
Creating Stakeholders one by one
- Click on "Add Stakeholder"
- Fill the form. Only First and Last name are mandatory, but we recommend filling at least also the email and the Group.
Creating Stakeholders through Transactions
If you are adding a new funding round, convertible note or any other Transaction and you forgot to create the Stakeholder beforehand, we've got your back: you can create a new Stakeholder from every transaction type.
From a Funding Round:
- Type or paste all Stakeholders participating in a funding round.
- It will match those existing by name, and create the new ones upon clicking on "Save".
From other transaction types:
- Click on the "Stakeholder dropdown". The last option should be "Add Stakeholder"
- A new window will open when you can create a new Stakeholder.
- When done, click "Save" and you can continue editing the Transaction.